Job Title: Product Manufacturing Engineer (Graduate)
Type of Contract: Permanent, Full Time Position
Department: Business Development
Report To: Customer Relationships Manager
• Lead implementation phase of all new products within agreed timelines and cost.
• Work closely with customers to help identify all potential manufacturing opportunities for Cartamundi Ireland.
• Work with Cartamundi Ireland’s technical team to identify new strategic manufacturing capabilities.
• Implement all appropriate specification changes and ensure the SAP product BOM’s matches the latest specifications.
• Work up detailed product cost sheets based on agreed customer specifications.
• Product costing.
• Manage SAP product specifications and produce first Engineering BOM.
• Manage print and die layouts.
• Check and track artwork and sign-off all aspects of paper & board conversion stages.
• Raise Spec Change documentation.
• Check and sign-off factory BOM’s and Specification Changes
• Coordination Engineering Pilot and First Production for New Projects.
• Run review meetings as part of NPI (New Product Introduction) process.
• Attend development meetings as appropriate
• Support any business requirements on material changes, routing changes, etc. to existing products.
• Manage changes to SAP to ensure BOMs match the product specification and what current production method.
• Support Operations and Technical on any Capital Projects requiring PME input.
• Support Planning, Purchasing, and Senior Management requests/Projects.
• Manage and implement changes to improve DFM (Design for Manufacture) to increase cost effectiveness for new and existing products.
• Liaise with all departments on suggested product improvements.
• Participate in Value Engineering and continuous improvement teams.
• Deliver personal objectives and KPIs in support of plant wide objectives.
• Engineering/Product Design Diploma or Degree is required
• Good communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to communicate at a technical level with creative designers and engineers
• Understanding of product design principles and a wide range of the manufacturing processes.
• SAP experience is beneficial but full training will be provided
• Excellent understanding of manufacturing tolerances and Design for Manufacture
• 3D CAD experience, preferably Solid Works
• Knowledge of Moulding, Printing and Die-making processes
• Costing knowledge/experience
Share this vacancy